THE HOME INSPECTION GUIDE
Updated on July 16, 2019 at 1:13PM EST
Your access to use THIK and its supporting services is conditioned on your acceptance and compliance, in
perpetuity, with this TOU. This TOU affects your legal rights and obligations. If you do not agree to be
bound by this TOU, then do not use or access THIK and its supporting services.
1. THIK is the copyrighted property of Publisher. As such, Presenter MAY NOT:
- make any claims, written or oral, that would create the impression that Presenter is
the Publisher or creator of THIK;
- sell THIK in whole, or in part, for any sum of money, the exchange of property, or the
exchange of favors;
- extract written copy from THIK for use in other visual media without a clearly written
attribution to the Publisher -> ROBERT HUMPHRIES STUDIOS;
- modify any pages of THIK, or duplicate pages of THIK to modify, without permission
2. THIK is an original work and is protected under U.S. Copyright Laws which extends to partnering
nations that honor U.S. Copyright Laws. Please refer to the U.S. Copyright document, "Circular 38a", to
see a list of these nations.
B. PERMISSABLE USE
1. Presenter may use printed or electronic copies of THIK in the following manner:
- present a copy of THIK to any recipient solely for the purpose of marketing Presenter's company and/or Home Inspection Services (if applicable);
- pre-print copies of THIK as hand-outs and marketing media related to recipient's interest in home inspections;
- projected to a screen Using any projection device for the purpose of making a presentation or to conduct training;
- inserted into "client kits" that are given to new clients;
- printed and bound for use in real estate-related offices;
- printed and mailed through a postal or parcel carrier for delivery to prospects, clients, and real estate-related professionals;
- email a link to a hosted copy of THIK to one or more recipients for the purpose of sales and marketing of home inspection services
2. Presenter may exclude any pages of THIK that are irrelevant to Presenter's sales and marketing goals prior to distribution. Presenter may also extract single pages to distribute individually or as part of
another "client kit" or "sales kit".
C. NON-PERMISSABLE USE
Presenter MAY NOT:
- provide a printed or electronic copy of THIK to any person or entity for the explicit purpose of developing a version of THIK for competitive purposes against the Publisher;
- distribute THIK in a manner that violates local, state, or federal laws pertaining to sales and marketing practices (such as "mailbox stuffing" or "SPAMMING", among others);
- insert pages into THIK (as a booklet) that disparages, insults, or harms other companies, races, religions, or genders in any way;
- photocopy THIK pages with the intent to remove the Presenter's advertisements, marks, and logos with another brand
D. ANTI-SATURATION POLICY
The Publisher offers a simply solution to preventing saturation of home inspection Presenters per service area. No more than one home inspection company may become a Presenter per 500,000 residents per state. For example, if the state of Georgia has a population of 10.5 million residents, then 21 home inspectors may become Presenters in the state.
PLEASE NOTE: IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR US (PUBLISHER) TO DETERMINE SERVICE AREAS PER INSPECTION COMPANY. THERE ARE MANY INSTANCES OF COMPETING HOME INSPECTION COMPANIES THAT SERVE THE SAME "METRO AREA" (SUCH AS "ATLANTA, GA") BUT ONE COMPANY WILL PRIMARILY SERVICE THE NORTH SIDE, ANOTHER WILL SERVICE THE EAST SIDE, ANOTHER WILL SERVICE THE WEST SIDE, AND YET ANOTHER WILL SERVICE THE SOUTH SIDE. HOWEVER, EACH OF THESE COMPANIES WILL ALSO OVERLAP INTO OTHER SERVICE AREAS FROM TIME-TO-TIME. A POPULATION AS DENSE AS LOS ANGELES OR NEW YORK CITY CAN HAVE MULTIPLE HOME INSPECTORS OPERATING WITHIN BLOCKS OF EACH THER AND RARELY FIND THEMSELVES COMPETING FOR BUSINESS DUE TO THE SHEER NUMBER OF REAL ESTATE AGENTS AND HOME SALES. IT IS NOT OUR JOB OR RESPONSIBILITY TO SET BOUNDARIES
E. QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS
Should you have any questions or comments about this TOU, please contact the Publisher via email at email@example.com.